Happy Valentine’s Day!
Instead of sleeping in and spending the day snuggling with Ethan (my fiancé) and our pup Nell, I am spending the day in the airport with Hope. We are on our way home from New Orleans after the most amazing first experience of a true Mardi Gras (more on our trip to come).
Sitting here I can’t help but feel so blessed to have Hope, Noelle, and Sophia in my life. I realized that although I love Ethan tons, these three mean the world and more to me. So I am giving you my four reasons why my sister make the best valentines.
1. No pressure to give elaborate gifts or plan an elaborate dinner
– Just last weekend the four of us spent the day shopping (treating ourselves!) and ended the night visiting our favorite Thai place. It was so relaxing to sit and talk and not have to feel pressure to put some elaborate dinner together or to give hundreds of dollars worth of gifts.
2. They love you no matter what
– I know I know this sounds so cliche but it’s true. At least for the four of us. No matter how many all out throw downs we have, spans where we don’t even want to look in their direction, or mean words shared, you and your sisters share a bond unlike any other. On this trip alone Hope and I got into arguments a dozen times but we let it go. Don’t sweat the small stuff you know.
3. There is no better support than the support of your sister
– Throughout life we are always looking for acceptance and for someone to support you unconditionally. Family, friends, and significant others always say they have your back (and most of the time they 100% do) but I have never felt more supported than when it comes the three of them. I trust their opinion, their advice on the big and little things mean more to me, and I know they aren’t afraid to hurt my feelings and tell me what I’m doing is stupid. They have your back and aren’t afraid to tell the honest truth (no matter how brutal)
4. You can 100% be yourself around them
– I always feel completely relaxed around my sisters which leads to some extremely embarrassing moments. Usually carried with those moments come the horrifically embarrassing and ugly photos (my sisters have an arsenal of them). What makes these embarrassing moments bearable when they are brought up again and again is the crippling laughter that comes from reminiscing. There are days that all my sisters and I do are go through old photos and laugh until we cry.
All in all I am 100% blessed to have the sisters that I have. They are my rocks and I let them know that every chance I get. There is no better feeling in the world than having someone who 100% gets you and is also not afraid to make you realize that you ain’t s*** and that you have to laugh at what life throws at you.
I love you Hope, Noelle, and Sophia ♥️