Hi guys! Welcome to our first meal prep Monday! We are starting each week here on out showing you what recipes we are prepping. Not just grilled chicken and broccoli, but different, flavorful recipes that make eating healthy super easy
My wedding is about 7 months away (cue massive anxiety) and the only way I truly stay on the healthy eating track is if I prep ahead of time. For Christmas I got a few cookbooks that are focused on easy, healthy recipes (Better Homes and Gardens low calorie cookbook is my current favorite). I’m using one of the recipes from this book and one that I made up as I went. So here are the recipes I’m using this week! Hope you all enjoy ♥️
- 2 pounds of chicken tenderloins
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1 packet of low sodium taco seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 1 can of black beans
- Put chicken, peppers, onions, and taco seasoning into the crockpot on high for 3 hours. Add a little bit of water to make sure the chicken does not stick to the sides while cooking.
- After 3 hours, turn the crockpot on low and shred the chicken. Cook for another two hours.
- After that two hours, add can of beans. Cool for another 30 minutes and you are done!
If you are on a super strict diet then just eat it like this. If your diet is a little more lenient then you can serve the chicken on tortillas (just like a fajita).
Now for my favorite new recipe! I’m already a big seafood fan so when I found this recipe that has salmon as it’s main ingredient, I knew I had found a winner.
SALMON ZUCCHINI BOATS
- 3 medium sized zucchini
- 3 pieces of salmon
- Panko breadcrumbs
- Parm Cheese
- Minced garlic
- Half the zucchini and hollow then out.
- Cook and shred the salmon and season as you wish.
- Mix the garlic, parm cheese, salmon and a half cup of breadcrumbs together.
- Place the mixture into the zucchini and top with some cheese and a little bit of breadcrumbs.
- Cook at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.