When I’m not working or shopping I am cooking! I seriously love it. But since I am always on the go, I love any and every recipe that has the fewest ingredients and the fewest steps. I am the self proclaimed queen of the under 10 ingredient meal.
Most of the meals I make are thrown in the crockpot and forgotten about until dinner time. There are a few instances however where I turn my oven on and pull out the pots and pans. This recipe right here is one of my favorites.
So here it is, my easy meatball lasagna! And it is only 8 ingredients!!!!
- One package of lasagna noodles
- A package of pre made wedding soup meatballs (I picked mine up from my local Italian grocery store Labriolas)
- Impasta ricotta cheese (I also picked this up at Labriolas)
- Minced garlic
- One jar of hot pasta sauce
- One jar of diced pepperoncinis
- One package of fresh shredded Parmesan
- One egg
That is it!
Make your ricotta mixture! I know a lot of people add parsley and cheeses in with their ricotta mixtures, but I keep mine pretty simple in this recipe. I add one egg and a teaspoon of garlic to my ricotta. I always use Impasta ricotta in my lasagnas. Impasta ricotta is also known as the “Cadillac” of all ricottas. It is extra creamy, high in flavor, so smooth, and has lower moisture than its counterparts. It is actually a game changer! If you haven’t used it yet you really should!
I just mix all three together and put it aside for the lasagna assembly.
ASSEMBLE YOUR MASTERPIECE!!!
Here is how I layer my lasagna:
- Boiled lasagna noodles
- Ricotta mixture topped with shredded cheese
- Another layer of noodles
- Meatballs (I love using the pre made wedding soup meatballs! You don’t have to fuss with cooking meat and they add a different texture to your lasagna).
And then I repeat that one more time.
To top off the lasagna, I use the rest of the shredded cheese (like a lot of it).
When your masterpiece is all set up, pop it in the oven at 400 degrees for 45 min-1 hr (depending on how crunchy you like your cheese on top to be).
And there you have it!
My super easy meatball lasagna!
What are your favorite, easy recipes? What is your favorite way to make a lasagna? I’d love to hear.